Bush caught staging meeting with troops

• News
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: The 'coached' conversation is something that every modern president/politician has done on a near daily basis! Impeachment!What's with the sarcasm? I'd sort of hoped that no one with a brain would except "honest dialog" when polticians go live on national TV. :rofl: Same reasoning as applied to, say: talk shows aren't live, reality TV is scripted, and "4 out of 5 dentists" don't really recommend that miracle toothbrush being advertised.
Manchot said:
Do you really believe that the soldiers were picked at random?
Please...give me a direct quote from the person on this forum who has said that. Deceit, rhetoric and hyperbole!:wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
kat said:
Or maybe you should try supporting your case without the propoganda, hyperbole, rhetoric and deceit.

The case has been supported Kat. We have shown video proof that the president's comments were scripted. We have linked to all major news sources who tell us the event was billed as a spontaneous back and forth. The event was scripted. The event billing was a lie. The event used the troops to bolster Bush's lagging numbers and dropping support for the Iraq war. The troops were a propoganda tool.

Did you miss the 895798473 links in this thread to news sources as well as the WH press conference transcript site?

PS, the transcript for the spontaneous back and forth is still missing---the one reporters were asking about in one of the video links.

Also, one of these "Average troops" was a military spokesman. Hmmm I spent a lot of time overseas and never once saw or met a spokesman myself meaning this position is far from typical or average.

Last edited:
kat said:
Or maybe you should try supporting your case without the propoganda, hyperbole, rhetoric and deceit.

Wouldn't it be great if the President tried that?

OK, now that we've got some venom and some opinions out there, what, exactly, is the crux of the discussion here?

I have seen the video** where the PR woman runs the soldiers through the script, and she does indeed, tell them where to pause, etc. (though there's no question that Bush's speech was scripted, I did not see explicit evidence that the actual words of the soldiers were scripted.)

**Forget CNN, watch Jon Stewart for your news!

I suspect no one here is really *surprised* at this latest manipulation attempt, but being 'mostly sure all by yourself' is very different from 'having recorded footage that can be re-broadcast until the strongest Bush supporters can't sweep it away' and is casue for being it jumped all over.

I'm not taking sides here, I'm just looking for *what* the sides are.

Last edited:
On one side you have a group of people bring the WH's use of propaganda and lies to the fore.

On the other you have a group of people who refuse to see the facts (scripted scripted scripted) and instead focus in on minutiae to subvert the real discussion.

One side favors following Bush's 2000 pledge to restore the WH's integrity while the other side blindly follows the Bush party line with a complete disregard for the office which was "supposed" to be restored.

On side rejects the lies of the war and the pseudo links to 9-11 and Bin Laden while the other side accepts the rhetoric as truth and berates those who ask "Well Mr. Bush show us some REAL proof!"

The side searching for the truth is growing and in the majority right now BTW.

TDS coverage: http://movies.crooksandliars.com/TDS-Teleconference.mov [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
kat said:
I know you don’t like my positions, and if you did, I would begin to worry about myself.
TRCSF said:
Wouldn't it be great if the President tried that?
She thinks Bush is the most brilliant man she’s ever met.
DaveC426913 said:
I have seen the video** where the PR woman runs the soldiers through the script, and she does indeed, tell them where to pause, etc. (though there's no question that Bush's speech was scripted, I did not see explicit evidence that the actual words of the soldiers were scripted.)
Now, you have a point there. The soldiers were not using a prompter (at least that could be seen). However: 1) the soldiers were especially selected; 2) they were coached; and 3) they were told to hand off the microphone if unable to respond appropriately. That means very little is spontaneous (not controlled for) and contrary to how the WH was presenting this.

This is such a small bit of propaganda on the spectrum of what this administration has done, that I don’t care too much about this particular incident. The important thing is that the American people are getting increasingly fed up with it. This is one reason Bush’s approval ratings have dropped, and rightfully so.