Top US Universities for Undergrad Business Programs

In summary, the conversation discusses recommendations for undergraduate business programs in American universities. The Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania is suggested as one of the best business schools in the world. Other suggestions include the University of Oklahoma, UC Berkeley, USC, and Rutgers. The conversation also mentions a list from Princeton Review ranking the toughest universities to get into for business programs, with Stanford University at the top. The conversation also briefly mentions the possibility of starting a fast food restaurant chain and the aggressive business tactics of McDonald's founder Ray Kroc.
Euphoriet
What Unis in America have a good UNDERgrad business programs.. I'm looking for anything really but is there any that have a international business program?.. any suggestions for other branches of business would be appriated (such as starting your own and doing well, knowing everything you can learn from school to start a business, etc).

I am mainly looking for well known schools, thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
What kind of business do you want to start ?

I'm really not sure yet... heh.

Maybe a chain of (probably fast food) restaurants... but this would probably mean finding partners etc etc..

Check out the Wharton School of Business of the University of Pennsylvainia. It has both undergraduate and graduate divisions, and is considered by many beople to be the best business school in the world.

http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/

MIT's in the top 5.

Here's an article you might be interested in :

http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/17/news/newsmakers/mcdonalds_bell.reut/ [Broken]

"A brash go-getter, Bell once told industry analysts that, like McDonald's founder Ray Kroc, he would ram a fire hose down any competitor's throat if he saw him drowning."

Watch your McBack!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think for public university, University of Oklahoma is good

I've heard that UC Berkeley, USC, and Rutgers are pretty good, just to add to the ones previously mentioned, but I am not a business major.

Hmm I didnt know Berkeley was consider a good business school.

Thanks for the info guys.

I found a list from princeton review
Toughest to get into:
1 Stanford University
2 Columbia University
3 University of Pennsylvania
4 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
5 Harvard University
6 University of California-Berkeley
7 Northwestern University
8 Yale University
9 Duke University
10 University of Chicago

1. What are the top universities in the US for undergraduate business programs?

According to the US News & World Report, the top universities for undergraduate business programs in 2021 are:

• University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan)
  • University of California-Berkeley (Haas)
  • University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (Ross)
  • New York University (Stern)

2. What factors were considered in determining the top universities for undergraduate business programs?

The US News & World Report takes into account several factors including graduation rate, student selectivity, faculty resources, and reputation among peers. Other factors such as starting salary and internship opportunities may also be considered.

3. Are there any Ivy League universities on the list of top undergraduate business programs?

Yes, the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School is an Ivy League university and is currently ranked as the top undergraduate business program in the US.

4. Can I major in business at any of these universities?

Yes, all of the universities on the list offer undergraduate business programs. However, some universities may have specific business schools or departments within their larger university.

5. Is it necessary to attend one of these top universities for a successful career in business?

No, attending a top university for undergraduate business programs can certainly provide a strong foundation and open doors for future opportunities. However, success in the business world also depends on an individual's skills, experience, and determination.