Butt kicked, tired, stressed, worn out? Complain here.

Tsu said:
I watched a beautiful blue-eyed, towhead child of 2 years die tonight. Her aunt backed over her with her truck. Her head was under the tire. There was a hospital full of crying employees tonight.

Please be extremely careful when you back up your truck or SUV. You just never know what might happen.
:frown: that is just..... I cannot imagine how that lady feels right now. I mean, how could she ever look at her sister in the eyes again?

Tsu
Gold Member
Kerrie said:
Tsu, what a horrible thing to have to witness. I can't even imagine.
Yeah, sometimes my job really sucks. The worst part is not ever being able to get visions like this out of my head. I always say "be very careful of what you put in your head, because you can never get it OUT again."

But I try to think of the good things I get to help with, too. It's wonderful to do a head CT on a patient with stroke symptoms (unable to talk, move one side of their body, ect...) to make sure they're having an 'clot' stroke and not a 'bleeding' stroke, and then watching them return to normal after their thrombolytic meds are given. We cry with happiness along with them and their families.

Unfortnately, in my line of work, the bad things always outweigh the good things.

But thanks for the sympathy. :smile: It helps to talk about it and Ivan is down in CA with his mom this weekend, so I had to turn to my PF friends for de-briefing. You guys rock. :smile:

Its always so hard when it comes to kids, sorry to hear you had to be there for that. I'm also very sorry for the family who has to go through it, I'm sure it helps to have such wonderful professionals there when such things occur.

My sister is here to help me! You don't understand how much this means to me, she hates the city with a passion. The last time she was here was almost 5 years ago, so this is really REALLY cool!

Tsu
Gold Member
hypatia said:
Its always so hard when it comes to kids, sorry to hear you had to be there for that. I'm also very sorry for the family who has to go through it, I'm sure it helps to have such wonderful professionals there when such things occur.
I can't even imagine the anguish her parents and especially her aunt must be going through. It's too much to handle.

My sister is here to help me! You don't understand how much this means to me, she hates the city with a passion. The last time she was here was almost 5 years ago, so this is really REALLY cool!
Sisters are the BEST! :biggrin: 'Specially the PF Sisterhood. :wink: :rofl: :rofl:

Evo said:
Thanks for the link Ivan, I will look 80 by next week. :cry:
I thought we already established you only look half your age? You couldn't possibly look a day over 70.

....sorry

wolram
Gold Member
Keep on doing your best Tsu, we all know that we can not do enough, i love
you guys for trying so hard, with out you i wouldn't be here. :!!)

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Townsend said:
Perhaps you should consider spending some more time at the range shooting clay pigeons.
Thats the thing though. Put me on a range with clay disks and ill hit about 90% of them. Plus there weren't many out by the time we got otu to my godfathers ranch. The thing that really pissed me off though was I would say that about 60 doves went over while we were all out there. We take a break, have some hotdogs and burritos and then we look up and about 40-50 doves in a pack just fly overhead. No one had a loaded weapon either so we just looked and thought " :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: "

Pengwuino said:
...and burritos and then we look up and about 40-50 doves in a pack just fly overhead. No one had a loaded weapon either so we just looked and thought " :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: "
:rofl: Just one more example of Murphy's law in action.....

Last year when I was pheasant hunting I swear....every 1/8 mile or so you would see a couple of roosters in the ditch. But when ever we started to walk a field I would hardly see any....

Janus
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Today was going to be my first day off in 20 days, then I get a call this morning. It seems there was a project that needed to be done today, and no one else they had called so far was willing to come in to do it. So, I went in to work. I'm also going in tomorrow, so here's keeping my fingers crossed for Monday.

Tsu
Gold Member
wolram said:
Keep on doing your best Tsu, we all know that we can not do enough, i love
you guys for trying so hard, with out you i wouldn't be here. :!!)
Bless your sweet face, woolie ram. We love you, too. :smile: :!!)

Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Janus said:
Today was going to be my first day off in 20 days, then I get a call this morning. It seems there was a project that needed to be done today, and no one else they had called so far was willing to come in to do it. So, I went in to work. I'm also going in tomorrow, so here's keeping my fingers crossed for Monday.
Do we know yet if you get Monday off??? It is Labor day after all..

Janus
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Kerrie said:
Do we know yet if you get Monday off??? It is Labor day after all..
Ironically enough, Labor day looks like the one day I won't work. (Barring another emergency call, and I 'm guarding against that by turning off my cell phone. :devil:)