Calculate grams according to equation

• Thread starter omni
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Grams
In summary, the conversation discusses equations and calculations involving moles, mass, and molecules in chemical reactions. The equation 2c2h2+5o2->4co2+2h2o is used as an example. The question is asked about how to calculate the necessary grams and moles of C2H2 and O2 to produce a specific amount of CO2 gas. The conversation also touches on finding the mass of 100 molecules of SO2 using its molecular weight and Avogadro's number. The speaker encourages posting homework questions in an appropriate forum for help.
omni
i got this equation:2c2h2+5o2->4co2+2h2o

how i Calculate how many grams of C2H2 and how many mol of O2 are Necessary to get 0.005 mol Gas CO2?

and tell me if i Right: to Calculate the mass ( in gr) of 100 Molecules SO2.
I did like this: the mass of SO2 is 64 gr/mol so 100 Molecules will have this mass:100*64? but i not sure i need to find the mass in gr

thanks.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Don't ignore capital letters in formulas.

Try to learn how to read reaction equation.

Remember - if you know number of moles, you can easily calculate mass and vice versa.

For mass of molecules you can either use amu, or take into account Avogadro's number.

Finally: post all homework, or homework type questions in appropriate forum, that is somewhere here.

What is the equation for calculating grams?

The equation for calculating grams is mass = density x volume. This equation is commonly used in chemistry and physics to determine the mass of a substance based on its density and volume.

How do I calculate grams using the equation?

To calculate grams using the equation, you will need to know the density and volume of the substance. Simply multiply the density by the volume to get the mass in grams. Make sure to use the correct units for each measurement (e.g. grams per cubic centimeter for density and cubic centimeters for volume).

Can the equation for calculating grams be used for any substance?

Yes, the equation for calculating grams can be used for any substance as long as you have the density and volume values. It is a universal equation that applies to both solids and liquids.

What are some common units used for density and volume in the equation?

Some common units used for density are grams per cubic centimeter, kilograms per cubic meter, and pounds per cubic inch. Volume is often measured in cubic centimeters, cubic meters, or liters.

How accurate is the equation for calculating grams?

The accuracy of the equation for calculating grams depends on the accuracy of the density and volume measurements. The more precise these values are, the more accurate the calculated mass will be. It is important to use precise instruments and reliable data when using this equation.