Calculate the Clebsch-Gordon coefficient for the SP(3,R) by SU(3)

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter dongsh2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Coefficient Su(3)
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
dongsh2
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Dear Everyone,

I have a problem to be solved now. how to calculate the symplectic group SP(3,R) non-compact induced by the SU(3) group? Any reference provided will be appreciated.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
According to my experience, I know it exists only in an even number of dimensions. But indeed some people published some works in SP(3,R) group in nuclear physics. I am so confused. e.g.

Noncompact Lie Groups and Some of Their Applications
NATO ASI Series Volume 429, 1994, pp 285-300
Applications of Sp(3,R) in Nuclear Physics
 
If possible I might discuss sth with you deeply about this problem. This year is my sabbatical year so I want to solve this problem.