Calculate the derivative of: 8³√x

  • Thread starter Thread starter -_-'
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Derivative
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
-_-'
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
I'm not sure how to calculate the derivative of: 8³√x :if anyone can help me or show me how to calculate the derivatives of similar problems such as this it would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin: Thanks

It says in the back of the book that the answer is: 8/3³√x¹¹

I have never done one of these problems before and this is how i tried to approach it:
8³√x
dy/dx = 8 X 1/2 ^3 x^1/2 - 1
= 8/2^3 x^-1/2

Thats what i kinda thought at first but it is so wrong :blushing:

I've looked through the worked examples in the book and there are no problems like this. This is the only problem out of this section of exercises that I am having trouble with...its really disapointing because it broke me groove :cry: and its really annoying me that I can't work it out!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Is that 8^3 * sqrt(x), or 8 times the cubed root of x?
 
pete5383 said:
Is that 8^3 * sqrt(x), or 8 times the cubed root of x?

i think its 8 times the cubed root of x