Calculate the moment of inertia for the system

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
DeerOnTheRocks
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Calculate the moment of inertia for the system. The rods of length L are massless.
Image here: http://imgur.com/O639ejf

Homework Equations

/answer[/B]
I know that I=ΣMR^2
The correct answer to the problem is 32ml^2

I JUST WOULD LIKE TO SEE HOW THE PROBLEM IS DONE INCLUDING SET-UP. Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
DeerOnTheRocks said:

Homework Statement


Calculate the moment of inertia for the system. The rods of length L are massless.
Image here: http://imgur.com/O639ejf

Homework Equations

/answer[/B]
I know that I=ΣMR^2
The correct answer to the problem is 32ml^2

I JUST WOULD LIKE TO SEE HOW THE PROBLEM IS DONE INCLUDING SET-UP. Thank you.

I'm sorry, according to the rules of PF, HW helpers are not allowed to outline complete solutions for users.

If you would care to make an attempt at solving this problem, however, we will gladly provide comments and help for the portions where you get stuck.

It's like taking a test: if you don't know the answers to any of the questions, at least write your name at the top of the paper.