How to calculate work, isentropic head and efficiency of a centrifugal gas compressor

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Sara_Fa
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone!
I have a question and I would be so thankful if you could help me!
For a Centrifugal Gas Compressor, if I have the flow rate, the input and output temperatures and pressures in specified rpm, then could I calculate its needed work, isentropic head and efficiency? how?
Thanks!
Sara
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Mech_Engineer said:
Given the input values you listed, you should have enough to fix the state at the inlet and output of the compressor. Is this homework?

This page summarizes calculation of required work for an isentropic compressor: http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/specific-work-turbo-machines-d_629.html

Thanks!
No this isn't a homework actually!
I think the relations in this page is for when the gas is ideal and natural gas doesn't behave such as an ideal gas or at least assuming it as an ideal gas won't lead to the accuracy which I need.
any idea?
Thanks again!
Sara