Calculating AC Current with a 1.5e-6 F Capacitor: 1kHz vs 8kHz Frequencies

  • Topic: Engineering 
  • Thread starter Thread starter carrollitis
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Circuits
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
carrollitis
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
A 1.5e-6 F capacitor is connected as in fig. 31-10 to an AC generator with Em=30 V. What is the amplitude of the resulting alternating current if the frequency of the emf is (a) 1kHz and (b) 8kHz?

I have no idea where to begin. I don't even know what they are asking for in this problem.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you can show me how to do the entire problem that would be great.
 
PF guidelines are that you need to show your attempt at a solution.
Also you should have posted it in the homework section.
 
carrollitis said:
How do I do that?

The homework section is located here:
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152
Post your homework questions in that section from now. Do not start another thread about this because I've already requested a move.

Tell us about the ac resistance of a capacitor and how frequency effects, if anything at all.
 
carrollitis said:
How do I do that?

NoTime said:
Does [tex]\frac{1} {2 \pi f c}[/tex] help?

Does this post from NoTime mean nothing at all to you?

It's a very big hint...