Calculating Induced EMF and Current in a Moving Bar with Magnetic Field B = 1 T

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
manda2110
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A bar of 1 m length aligned in y direction moves in +x direction at 10 m/s, in space where B = 1 T pointing in the -z direction. Calculate the motional EMF.
If the bar above, is a part of a circuit with a light bulb of 10 ohms resistance, what would be the induced current?



Homework Equations


emf= vBL
I don't know what to use to find the induced current


The Attempt at a Solution


I know how to find the emf. I found that to be 10 V. Am i correct on that? I am just confused on how to find the induced current
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi manda2110, welcome to PF.

The current in the circuit is

I = V/R, where V is the induced emf.
 
R is given in ur problem (the resistance of the bulb, 10 ohms)
u know V,
wheres the problem in finding I?