Calculating Initial Volume for Desired Pressure and Volume in Air Chamber

  • Thread starter Thread starter pyzaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pressure Volume
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
pyzaan
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me out with this, I'm looking to create 9 ± 1 bar (131 ± 15 psi) of Entry Water pressure for 15-25 seconds to create a 25 ± 2.5 mL of volume as it pass through 7 ± 0.5 g (0.25 ± 0.02 oz) of finelyy ground material. If I were to pressurize an air chamber what size/volume would be required to achieve the above?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Needs to maintain pressure = 9 ± 1 bar, while 25 ml of (compressed) air flows out.
Start at 10 bar, following 25ml loss reduced to 8 bar. The problem is ratiometric.

As an estimate; solve for the initial volume required, v;
10 / 8 = v / (v – 25)
10v – 8v = 250
Therefor initial volume v = 125 ml.