Calculating Period of Transverse Wave from Photo: A or B?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
tomcps
Messages
7
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


The problem is shown on the photo. And the actual answer is A. 0.5s, and I thought it would be B. 1.0s

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


Here is my thought,
The journey from A to B is just a half period, then the whole period would be 4s, as a result, the time it takes for C to return would be 4÷4= 1.0s
Isn't it? Sorry i don't have good concepts of wave
 
Attachments
  • 15460835602602629371719063962801.jpg
    15460835602602629371719063962801.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 325
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi tom, :welcome:

I agree with your answer. The actual answer given must be a mistake
 
BvU said:
Hi tom, :welcome:

I agree with your answer. The actual answer given must be a mistake

Really? I am so confused now:cry: