Calculating Torque: Solving for Torque at Point A

• Thread starter daemonakadevil
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Torque
In summary, the person is seeking help with finding the torque at point A in a given problem. They have provided a link to the problem and have mentioned that the distance between the 4m line and point A is also 4m. They have also mentioned that their exams are on May 7 and are asking for a clear explanation on how to solve for torque at a given point (x1, y1) when given torque at another point (x, y) and forces.
Hi friends and Sir's ,

I am stumbled upon a problem and unable to solve it , can anyone tell me what will be the torque at A and how you did that?

here is my problem :
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/550/torquexu4.png [Broken]

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Please describe the problem completely (a diagram is not enough--explain the problem) and, most importantly, show your solution so far and where you are stuck.

I already told my question that i need to find the torque about point A but i am having problem with the torque 20 nm that how to or resolve that torque about A .
Btw the distance btw 4m line and point a is also 4 m. My semster exams are on 7 may. So please just tell me how to solve it.
Thanksss

btw

I assume that the 20 Nm is an external torque. You can view it as acting on the body as a whole.

Can you be little more descriptive this doesn't clears my concept at all! means can you tell me
with easy language that how to solve if torque is given on other point (x,y) and some forces then how to find torque about a point (x1,y1) (means on another coordinate) , thanks again

no one else? , thanks in advance!

1. What is torque and why is it important in science?

Torque is a measure of the twisting force on an object. It is important in science because it helps us understand rotational motion and the stability of objects.

2. How is torque calculated?

Torque is calculated by multiplying the force applied to an object by the distance from the pivot point, or fulcrum, to the point where the force is applied. The formula for torque is T = F x d.

3. What factors affect torque?

The two main factors that affect torque are the magnitude of the force and the distance from the force to the pivot point. Additionally, the angle at which the force is applied can also affect torque.

4. How does torque relate to Newton's laws of motion?

Torque relates to Newton's laws of motion in that it is a measure of the rotational force acting on an object, similar to how force is a measure of the linear motion of an object. Additionally, torque can cause an object to rotate, which is described by Newton's first law of motion.

5. How is torque used in real-world applications?

Torque is used in many real-world applications, such as in engines and motors to produce rotational motion. It is also important in activities such as sports and gymnastics, where understanding torque can help improve performance. Additionally, torque is used in engineering and construction to determine the stability and safety of structures.

Suggested for: Calculating Torque: Solving for Torque at Point A

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies