Calculating Volume of 8kg Nitrogen Gas

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Zashmar
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
How would you find out the volume 8kg of nitrogen gas would be?
Please help
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Zashmar said:
How would you find out the volume 8kg of nitrogen gas would be?
Please help

Can I ask what is your situation that makes you ask this question? Because I find it hard to understand how anyone is required to answer questions like this who hasn't the resources, e.g. a textbook, to attempt an answer.

It is pretty elementary and easy, and usually we require students here to show what they have tried.
 
It is an part of an assignment and we have not gone through it in class
 
Zashmar said:
It is an part of an assignment and we have not gone through it in class

You have no textbook? - you can't read ahead of what you go through in class?
 
Well we do have a textbook but I don't think it covers this,
 
You're asked for answers on something not done in class and that your textbook doesn't cover?
You will need a new textbook because this one will not take you far.
Maybe you are supposed to find out using google.
Anyway the shotest easist thing I found was here http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120226213423AAcKYhO

But just remember that there are a number of physical magnitudes and constants that it is just useful to remember. I do not practice what I preach enough, but one thing I most remember is the volume of a mole of gas at standard temperature and pressure.

In your book there is hopefully a section on 'Avogadro's hypothesis' 'molar volume' and the 'Gay-Lussac law of volumes'.