Calculation of the Distance to the Moons Apogee/Perigee ?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Bjarne
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculation Moons
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
Bjarne
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
I want to calculate whether the perigee / apogee of the Moon always takes place at the exact same distances (radius to Earth) as measured by the LLR (Lunar Laser Ranging).

I trust that we know the size of the orbit of the moon very exactly, and also that the orbit is growing larger.

But I want to check whether calculation of the perigee / apogee happens the exact same distance as measured, to test if there should be any (periodical) distance (radius) anomaly.

My questions are;
  • Is that already done?
  • Does it already exsist such software?
  • Who is into that “business” ?
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Perhaps these links might prove helpful.

Satellite Orbital Decay Calculations

http://www.ips.gov.au/Category/Educational/Space%20Weather/Space%20Weather%20Effects/SatelliteOrbitalDecayCalculations.pdf

Lunar Perigee and Apogee Calculator
http://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/pacalc.html
 
Radrook said:
Perhaps these links might prove helpful.

No, I am looking for a much more accurate orbit data of the Moons orbit, I think I have to program it my self
All advise are welcome.