Can a 21-Year-Old Student Become a Millionaire in Just 4 Months?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ratzinger
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
Ratzinger
Messages
291
Reaction score
0
http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/blog.php

This twenty-one old british student by the name Alex Tew became a millionair in just four months. All he did was selling pixel points on his webpage.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I still don't understand why, though. This is btw an old story.

Why would people look on that site? Well, I looked once, because I was curious. But now I have no reason whatsoever to go there. Why pay for ads on a place hardly anyone visits?
 
A dollar for an ad is probably about the cheapest you'd get. Most people probably figure "What have I got to lose?"

I'm pretty jealous for not coming up with that myself to be honest

http://blog.outer-court.com/zero/
 
Last edited:
It's actually a minimum of $100 for an ad, he only sells the pixels in 10x10 blocks. Otherwise the ads would be too small to see. And this site has been all over the news recently so I imagine there have been a lot of visitors.
 
nazgjunk said:
I still don't understand why, though. This is btw an old story.
Why would people look on that site? Well, I looked once, because I was curious. But now I have no reason whatsoever to go there. Why pay for ads on a place hardly anyone visits?

Actually the reason it isn't old news is because the final ... i think either 100 or 1000 pixels are being auctioned off at ebay as we speak for something like $200,000.
 
actually it went for a crappy $38,000 because the bids were fake lols