Can a button replace the foot lever for gear shifting on a motorbike?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rohitkpandey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mechanical Project
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
rohitkpandey
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi friends ! I am a student of mechanical engg final year.I have to submit a project.
I think to make a project on
"Button operated electromagnetic gear shifting system for two wheeler "
can someone help me how could be the principal?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
rohitkpandey said:
Hi friends ! I am a student of mechanical engg final year.I have to submit a project.
I think to make a project on
"Button operated electromagnetic gear shifting system for two wheeler "
can someone help me how could be the principal?

Is that a motorbike or a pushbike? What exactly are you looking for? 'principal'? Some possible concepts? Can you give more details.
 
Actually it will be a motorbike in which we change gears by a button instead of leaver on foot as in bikes now a days. For that we have to work on some changes in gearbox maybe by using a stepper motor and solenoids. What are your ideas about that?