Can a husband be present in the labor room during childbirth?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jobyts
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
54 replies · 8K views
jobyts
Messages
226
Reaction score
60
Wife in the labor room
 
Biology news on Phys.org


Hope for the best and don't worry everything goes fine almost always. But why aren't you there? :rolleyes:
 


Thanks. I'm also in the labor room, but with my laptop. This hospital gives internet connection. She had the water break in the morning and we rushed to the hospital. She's only 2 inch dilated, and sleeping sound, before the real pain starts. I'm busy googling for names.
 


Wow...what an exciting time...except for all the waiting.

A big congrats!
 


jimmysnyder said:
Jimmy is a nice name.

I was just thinking of that :smile:
 


I was in for 42 hours with my first, hopefully yours is a bit faster.
 


Well that's all normal. The doc may decide to speed things up or not.

And what's in a name? Would you think when you were to be grandfather eventually, if it would be nice if the newborn was named after you? So, maybe take that into consideration.

Otherwise just look in the left column here for a nice name.
 


Wow, I've got to jump on this bandwagon! Another great possible name is "Beast". Especially if it's a girl. Either way, I'm sure they will appreciate being named after some argumentative sight-unseen troll from the internet :P

So is it a girl or a boy?
 


If you are whimsical/desperate name the baby(if it is a boy) after me, Michael.

Just don't tell your wife you've named your child from a stranger on physicsforums.com.
 


well, plenty of suggestions.

Anyway in a couple of days he may look like like my grandson of 10 days old.

Taken yesterday:

v8lc04.jpg
 


Oh... congrats!
Our little Ellie just turned three weeks old yesterday.
Babies grow so fast.. it's amazing.
 


Andre said:
Well that's all normal. The doc may decide to speed things up or not.

Arrrgh!&$^@^#!&!
 


So how are things going? Does a lack of updates mean she's progressed further with labor and your fingers are all broken from her squeezing them during contractions now? Or maybe she finally threw the laptop at your head? :biggrin:
 


Jeez, I'm starting to think that I'm unusual in more than the ways than you know about. My mother got bored during labour and went to sleep (no drugs involved). When she woke up, there I was. Her first comment to the doctors and nurses, upon seeing me, was "What the hell am I supposed to do with that."
The previous was not a joke, although it sounds like one. It really happened.

By the bye, Jobyts, best wishes for a smooth delivery and a healthy child.
 
Last edited:


Evo said:
I was in for 42 hours with my first, hopefully yours is a bit faster.
My daughters mothers water broke about 7 in the morning. Went to the hospital, one push, she's out before 9am.
 


DaveC426913 said:
Arrrgh!&$^@^#!&!
Sorry. I've been enlightened by my wife.

"Speeding things up" has consequences that last days and weeks and can even last a lifetime of baby and mother.

What insanity posesses doctors to think that their tee off time is more important?
 


We named her Trisha. She was born at 2:50pm. Strong contractions started at 12:00pm, and the baby is out in three pushes. Less than 3 hours seems so quick compared to Evo's experience.

Baby and mom are doing great. I'll post some pictures once I grab a usb cable :(
 


Congrats, dude! Looking forward to pix of the little squirming red thing.
 


jobyts said:
We named her Trisha. She was born at 2:50pm. Strong contractions started at 12:00pm, and the baby is out in three pushes. Less than 3 hours seems so quick compared to Evo's experience.

Baby and mom are doing great. I'll post some pictures once I grab a usb cable :(

Wonderful...congratulations, Daddy! Is her middle name Jimmy?

It's great, we're having a bit of a PF baby boom :approve:!
 


Danger said:
Congrats, dude! Looking forward to pix of the little squirming red thing.

I'd rather see baby pictures. :biggrin:

Congrats jobyts and wife of jobyts! And welcome to the world, Trisha!
 


Congrats Jobyts,

hope all is well. I bet her middle name is Hypevomoonlistsumath
 


Congrats Jobyts!

Also to you Andre. I saw the pics the other day but failed to comment.
 


jobyts said:
We named her Trisha. She was born at 2:50pm. Strong contractions started at 12:00pm, and the baby is out in three pushes. Less than 3 hours seems so quick compared to Evo's experience.

Baby and mom are doing great. I'll post some pictures once I grab a usb cable :(
Congrats, jobyts! And best wishes and many blessings to your wife, daughter and household.
 


jobyts said:
We named her Trisha.
Trisha is a shortened form of Patricia and derives from the same Latin word as patrician, or noble. More than likely she will live up to this name and win a Nobel.
 


dlgoff said:
My daughters mothers water broke about 7 in the morning. Went to the hospital, one push, she's out before 9am.
Mine was long due to complications, she never turned, and got caught up against my spine, won't bore everyone with the details. It's typical Evo.

Congrats on the baby! Why is it everyone I know always were in labor 4 hours beforen time tom push? My best friend had to have her labor slowed.

Post pictures as soon as you can!