Can a Lift and Rotate Mechanism Handle Heavy Duty Machining Needs?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
mkfritze
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all

I need a bit of inspiration for a new CNC machining Fixture design. First the top of the fixture must be raised to get free of the guide pins, and then the top must rotate 120 degrees before it must be lowered over the guide pin again.
I was looking for something like a rotary CNC table, but which is raised before rotation.

Can anybody help me?

Examples of where this principle is used, some drawings, or even some manufactures of a similar product.

Thanks for your help
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to tell what is the size of the fixture you are designing.You might be interested in Plug valves where the plug has a linear motion followed by rotary motion.I suggest you to search for some patents which use a cylindrical cam mechanism.
 
Hi again

The fixture must have a lifting capacity of 15 - 20 ton.

It's for heavy duty machining.