Can black holes allow us to break the speed of light?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
Grimstone
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
I always feel like I'm breaking some rule posting on here. As i am not a student of any class's.
I also always feel re state that I am not as educated as you, any of you. I also feel compelled to state that some reason I find the topics you talk about confusing and yet easy and the math is Greek to me.
That said, here I go.

I believe that the sound barrier and light barrier can and will be seen as a hypothetical boundary.Yes I am aware of Mach speeds.
But given that string theory was replaced by M as blood letting was replaced by lancing and other forms of treatment.

I understand that the "fabric of space and time" is not a physical one that we can touch per say. nor was the sound barrier.

I do not see why 2 massive black holes in orbit of each other throwing gravitational warps bends pulls and shoves, could not allow the subject to accelerate to as close to C (light speed?) as possible and use the (lack of better words, rip tide) to pass through/ go beyond the boundaries.

if we are a bubble of space/time in a sea of multidimensional planes of existence. I believe that it must be possible to step into the ocean and see the other beaches.

As I see it. This could very well be the only way we could. that is until Capt James T Kirk tells us how to warp space its self.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Did you have any actual physics questions or do you just want to make a bunch of speculative statements in violation of the rules?
 
I am sorry.
You are right. there was not a question in that.
please remove this thread
thank you
 
My first thoughts were "Star Trek" as I read it and then you mention Kirk at the end...
 
My first thoughts were "What is going on?" as I read it and then... they still are...
 
DaleSpam said:
Did you have any actual physics questions or do you just want to make a bunch of speculative statements in violation of the rules?

Oh geez...

Cut the dude some slack, he's thinking. That's better than the other 98% of people in the world out there.

To answer what I think your question is, to the best of my knowledge:

From inside one of those two black holes, time would slow down as they approached the speed of light, such that they could never actually have a "closing speed" of greater than c in relation to the second black hole.

From an outside observer, the two objects can appear to be moving towards each other at what appears to be, say .99c The "closing speed" (combined speed) of the two would *appear* to an outside observer to be 1.98c, but in reality it isn't because of the slowing down of time inside each object.

This may be completely wrong, but that's how I understand it anyhow.