Can Carbon Nanotubes Be Made from Industry Exhausts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chhitiz
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
chhitiz
Messages
223
Reaction score
0
i read about this project for making carbon nanotubes from industry exhausts. is this possible/viable? if so, how economical is it? has there ever been any previous work in this area?
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Personally, with my limited knowledge of carbon nanotubes, I don't see it as viable. The way I see it is, they want to oxidize anything in any industrial exhaust as much as they can. I read that they can be found in some places like ordinary flames but I'm guessing in a very small amount. They are also very irregular which is the absolute worst thing that a nanotube can be. It ruins any good physical properties. Again, I have very limited knowledge so I could be wrong on some of this.