Can High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound Penetrate Metal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter physior
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ultrasound
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
physior
Messages
182
Reaction score
1
hello!

I want to experiment with High-intensity focused ultrasound
I want a kit that produces it so that I can conduct experiments with it
do you know where can I buy one?

thanks!
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Lol! I don't think you're buying one of these. At least as far as I know.

For the purposes of obliterating cancerous prostate cells, there are only two or three in North America!

Check out Maple Leaf Hi-Fu. They're the only Canadian operators of a proven technology. They can get you in touch with the machine provider.
 
physior said:
hello!

I want to experiment with High-intensity focused ultrasound
I want a kit that produces it so that I can conduct experiments with it
do you know where can I buy one?

thanks!
It's not clear what sort of experiments you want to perform with ultrasound.

Ultrasonic measurement tools are quite common, especially those used to measure the thickness of metals.