Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I delete a post if I've figured out the answer to my query?

1. Oct 14, 2007 #1
    I posted a while back and got no replies, and now I don't need any help with my problem. So, can I delete the post at all?? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks,

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2007 #2
    i usually do

just click edit and delete

4. Oct 14, 2007 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is an older post, so probably not. I think there is a 24 hour window on edits and deletes. (I should check into this!)

Kate, I can delete it for you, if you like.

5. Oct 14, 2007 #4
    If you could delete it, that would be great - one less file on the server!! Thank you.

6. Oct 14, 2007 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Done deal!
    I am dismayed to hear that you got no replies to your question. I hope we will still see you around. :smile:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  7. Oct 14, 2007 #6
    Or you could always post the solution you found, in case anyone else comes searching for something similar it's already there...

8. Oct 15, 2007 #7

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Or use the mark thread as solved option.

9. Oct 15, 2007 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't think it matters much either way, but that certainly is worth considering. If nobody answered your question, it could be that nobody else knew the answer either, and some might have appreciated having you share what you found out about it.

10. Oct 15, 2007 #9

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

However, remember that Homework Helpers and Science Advisors have access to the secret "Stupid Students" sub-forum, in which we make fun of particularly helpless posts and posters.

You cannot delete your involuntary contributions, if any, to this sub-forum, I'm afraid..:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?