How Can I Delete a Partition and Restore Free Space Back to Windows XP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter only_huce
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Partition
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
only_huce
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
I recently installed ubuntu netbook remix on my newly bought netbook to try it out. I created a new partition on my HDD from the free disk space to install ubuntu on. So right now I have dual boot ubuntu and windows xp. The ubuntu netbook remix turned out to be more buggy than I thought and I'm trying to delete the partition and restore the freespace back to windows xp. Is this possible? I don't have a recovery disk for xp since my netbook doesn't have an optical drive. Does anyone have any possible solutions? Anything would be helpful right now.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you would post the bug in Ubuntu...maybe we can fix it.

Alternatively you can try the desktop version.

You can safely delete the partition and format it in fat32/ntfs (notice, this will delete all data in the partition).

Use gparted for this (in ubuntu commandline with the net connected) -

sudo apt-get install gparted