Can I delete the Arch Linux partition and boot partition if Ubuntu has its own EFI?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
dRic2
Gold Member
Messages
887
Reaction score
225
Hi,

I am running on pc with 2 different Linux OS and the following partitions

/dev/sda1 (Boot)
/dev/sda2 (ArchLinux)
/dev/sda3 (something empty)

/dev/sdb1 (Ubuntu)
/dev/sdb2 (EFI System partition)
/dev/sdb3 (no name)

Since I basically don't use ArchLinux, I wanted to uninstall it. I though of formatting the /dev/sda2/ partition with together with the /dev/sda3/ and make a new empty partition for data. I was wondering if I can delete the /dev/sda1 as well, since to boot ubuntu I should just need the /dev/sdb2, right?

Thanks
Ric
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, sorry for the late reply. So my boot options are the following:

UEFI BOOT:
Ubuntu
UEFI: Crucial_CT(...lot of numbers)
Linux Boot Manager

I am not an expert, but I would guess that the /dev/sda1 in Post #1 is not used to boot ubuntu. Right ?