Can I Juggle 3 Jobs and Launch a Startup While Attending College?

  • Topic: Other 
  • Thread starter Thread starter TheMacNerd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Job
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
TheMacNerd
Messages
74
Reaction score
18
As the title clearly explains; I have found some employment.
At the community college I'm attending; I got offered a Federal Work Study/student aid/consultant customer service represenative-type job position with one of the computer labs within my college.
The compensation/base pay (before taxes), is $9/hour.
-----
I'm also scheduled to sign up for the US Marines Reserve in the Fall (another source of income). I'm going to schedule my MEPs screening/ basic training for the Summer of 2017 (dedicated summer to military). The marines reserve I hear is the best way to go about joining the military these days. The reserves (of all branches), have the highest acceptance rates, according to the recruiters.
-----
I'm also going to use 5% of the money made from the work study I've been offered to launch a sole propretorship IT/computer software company.
I know at one point, for a very short period of time, I will be at one point be juggling 3 jobs, and being full-time at the college (extremely busy/stressful).
As the federal work study/student computer lab aide consultant job position only lasts for an academic year, I will settle with 2 jobs in the end. As long as I keep doing what I'm doing, It works out. Also; with my sole proprietorship startup business; a known perk is that I make my own hours, and be a self-taught business owner and manager.
I'm an Information Technology student at the community college I attend. Here is a link to that program:
http://www.monroecc.edu/academics/majors-programs/stem/information-technology-associate-degree/
When I hit the IT degree program (Liberal Arts STEM at the moment); As soon as I start developing apps & marketing them on app stores, then I will be legally able to put: "Sole Proprietor, Owner" on my Resume in the experience section. I'm scheduled to start my self-employment in very latest the Summer 2017 (about the same time as the USMC). There's no law saying I can't be self-employed.
I knew things would work out for me eventually. I'm also networking with my peers/students/colleagues and teachers at the college I'm at to find jobs.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It will begin with Computer software/apps design. I'm intending to initially launch it as a sole proprietorship company (to start with). One of the perks to that is that I make my own hours. The USMC/Reserves job should be locked in, but it's more "up in the air" right now. I'm intending to make the sole company evolve into a larger corporation.
 
It will be mostly computer software/apps. I'm intending to specialize in iOS/mobile device programming at first. The Marines is more "up in the air" at the moment. Most likely, the Marines will also work out. So, actually I have 2 jobs locked in at the moment. The Marines is still "up in the air", but I should also be accepted to that as well.