Can I transition back into chemical engineering after 5 years in the DEP?

  • Topic: Engineering 
  • Thread starter Thread starter L0SER
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 2K views
L0SER
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I am ChemE who has been in the DEP for 5 years now and I feel like I have become typecast out of any traditional ChemE role. I graduated quite some years ago. Is there any way to get back into chemical engineering? How can my permit writing skills be used elsewhere?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Vanadium 50 said:
DEP?

1612716956458.png

https://insidethemagic-119e2.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2015_Film_JohnnyDepp-1-780x400.jpg
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: phinds
Very funny. Now can we please get back to my problem.
 
What kind of ChemE positions have you seen in job postings in your geographical area? Do their requirements match your background at all? If not, what do you need to add to get closer to qualifying for those positions? If you are currently at the BS level, would getting your Master's degree help qualify you for more job growth?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd
L0SER said:
Very funny. Now can we please get back to my problem.
Hey, you started it !
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Vanadium 50 and berkeman
L0SER said:
I am ChemE who has been in the DEP
Vanadium 50 said:
DEP?
We shouldn't need to decode uncommonly used acronyms...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Vanadium 50
Sadly, this appears to be another drive-by posting.
 
Vanadium 50 said:
Sadly, this appears to be another drive-by posting.
Yeah, well look at his "name"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd
Why did you spend 5 years doing something you didn't want to be " typecasted" as?