Can I Use a Non-Symmetrical Matrix in Simulink for My 2 DOF Vibration System?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Karimh
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I have the following system, I believe I've correctly established the equations. I'm having trouble building a working schematic bloc in Simulink.
upload_2017-6-8_2-0-17.png


Homework Equations


upload_2017-6-8_2-7-5.png


The Attempt at a Solution


In the following equations Ktrain = Ka and Ctrain = Ca

upload_2017-6-8_2-5-17.png

I know my matrix should be symmetrical but isn't because of Y(S), is it okay to proceed in this fashion when the situation requires it?

The resulting schematic bloc
upload_2017-6-8_2-7-49.png


I don't know how to use CaS+Ka in simulink so I attempted to simply multiply the 1st and second bloc. The result always end up being infinite to any input of Y(S)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Silly mistake the return block shouldn't have been negative