Can KVL and a Differential Equation Solve Current in a Circuit?

In summary, current in a circuit is the flow of electric charge through a closed loop, measured in amperes and represented by the symbol "I". It can be measured using an ammeter and is affected by voltage, resistance, and the type of material in the circuit. Current flows from the positive terminal, through the circuit, and back to the negative terminal, creating a closed loop. If there is a break in the circuit, the flow of current will stop. A complete circuit is necessary for electricity to flow properly.
xpack
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8003/76369453.png [/URL]

I'm not sure

I do not know how to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What is the current solution to an RC circuit?

To be honest I have no idea what your asking

Anyone?

Use KVL and solve the differential equation. Either that or look it up. Since this is the homework forum I can't just give you the answer...

We also need to see an attempt, if you have no idea what I'm talking about then you probably shouldn't be asking that question here.

1. What is current in a circuit?

Current in a circuit is the flow of electric charge through a closed loop. It is measured in amperes (A) and is represented by the symbol "I".

2. How is current measured in a circuit?

Current can be measured using an ammeter, which is a device that is connected in series with the circuit. The ammeter measures the amount of charge passing through a specific point in the circuit per unit of time.

3. What factors affect the amount of current in a circuit?

The amount of current in a circuit is affected by the voltage of the power source, the resistance of the circuit, and the type of material the circuit is made of. It follows Ohm's Law, which states that current is directly proportional to voltage and inversely proportional to resistance.

4. How does current flow in a circuit?

Current flows from the positive terminal of the power source, through the circuit and its components, and back to the negative terminal of the power source. This creates a closed loop for the current to flow through.

5. What happens if there is a break in the circuit?

If there is a break in the circuit, the flow of current will stop. This is because the closed loop is broken, and the current cannot continue to flow. This is why it is important to have a complete circuit for electricity to flow properly.