Can metal plates bond to crocodile clips when electricity is passed through?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MrPickle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Bond
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
MrPickle
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Why doesn't a metal plate bond to the crocodile clips (or whatever) when electricity is passed through the crocodile clips to the metal plate. Shouldn't the electrons passing from the metal plate, to the crocodile clips cause a covalent bond?

Quick Diagram
diagram.jpg
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Arn't crocodile chips metal as well?

Metal doesn't covalently bond with metal. I don't think it'd even cause a bond. Maybe a magnetic attraction...
 
Riogho said:
Arn't crocodile chips metal as well?

That's the point, the crocodile clips will be sharing electrons with the metal plate.
 
Oh, I get it. Thanks

I'm starting to doubt whether my chemistry teacher even has a GCSE in chemistry, he told me they would bond and this isn't the first time he has been wrong about something.