Can Nanocontainers Occupying 2L in Bloodstream Be Considered Safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter james3444
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Blood
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
james3444
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


The minimum volume occupied by nanocontainers in the blood is 2.0L. Is such a volume feasible, given that the total blood volume in an adult is about 5L?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


So I already solved this question (parts a-e) for the minimum volume occupied by nanocontainers in the bloodstream and I checked that it is the correct amount. What I don't get is why it is not a feasible volume. The nanocontainers occupy less than 5.0L of space, so why would it not be a feasible approach.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
james3444 said:

Homework Statement


The minimum volume occupied by nanocontainers in the blood is 2.0L. Is such a volume feasible, given that the total blood volume in an adult is about 5L?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


So I already solved this question (parts a-e) for the minimum volume occupied by nanocontainers in the bloodstream and I checked that it is the correct amount. What I don't get is why it is not a feasible volume. The nanocontainers occupy less than 5.0L of space, so why would it not be a feasible approach.
Welcome to the PF.

Do the nanocontainers participate in respiration the way that red blood cells (RBCs) do? If they do not, what happens to a human who loses 2L of blood?