Can Old Sayings Get a Modern Twist?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Artman
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
74 replies · 9K views
Early to bed, early to rise pretty much describes a PFers social life.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There is no time like the present; all others must differ by at least one quantum event.
 
"Call me old fashioned" but I send my son up chimneys. Keeps him out of mischief.
 
jimmy p said:
"Save your pennies for a rainy day" so you can get a bloody big umbrella.
"Don't save your penis for a dainty ray"-it's a contradiction.
 
"Charity begins at home"...so keeping all your money for yourself and not giving any away. Which is in fact the opposite of charity.
 
"An I for an I leaves genetic ethics to be seen"
 
Last edited:
"Not until the cows come home" Those party animals.
 
tribdog said:
Early to bed, early to rise pretty much describes a PFers social life.
Sad but funny.:biggrin:
 
"Don't let the bed bugs bite" don't worry I a lot of DDT in my bed tonight
 
This is one that I heard elsewhere:

To ere is human, but to really screw things up takes a computer.
 
Artman said:
This is one that I heard elsewhere:
To ere is human, but to really screw things up takes a computer.

Ere, dear?

To spell a word correctly is an Art, but it takes a man to screw up a great quote. :smile:
 
Last edited:
to spell a word correctly is an Art, for Art to spell a word correctly is a miracle.
 
tribdog said:
to spell a word correctly is an Art, for Art to spell a word correctly is a miracle.
They took away my spell checker. :cry: I'm way too lazy to look up something if I'm not quite sure. :zzz:
Funny Trib.
 
To err is human, to forgive is not nearly as much fun as to make fun of the mistake. :biggrin: :-p