I am doing a project for my IB coursework investigating lift on aerofoils with different shapes. I was wondering if plasticine can be used as an aerofoil. Answer urgently needed!
I'm a little confused as to what you mean as using plasticine for an airfoil, but the first thing that comes to mind is that it's much too heavy.. but that seems a bit obvious maybe be a bit clearer.
or perhaps you mean using plasticine just to represent the airfoil shape, in which case again seems obvious and would be fine..
I am designing aerofoils of different shapes such as camber , cuboid , sphere , etc. For modelling them , I have used plasticine instead of polystyrene I have done experiments using plasticine and have gotten results. but I am not too sure if plasticine is an accepted aerofoil to do the experiment with. my experiment is pretty low-tech using a very basic wind tunnel
Oh I see! well although I can't answer for sure, if you didn't know there's an aerospace engineering thread on this site and if you posted your question there I'm sure someone would have an answer for you. Good luck your project sounds very interesting!