Can someone suggest a good trigonometry book to learn trigonometry ?

• Other
  • Thread starter Thendi79
  • Start date
Thendi79
I tried the openstax book Algebra And Trigonometry but i wish there was some better books that teaches trigonometry , anything else i should tried to read ?

Answers and Replies

Thendi79
Wow i just read some similar threads asking for a trigonometry book , then saw someone suggesting this book .
Precalculus, 7th Edition -Cengage Learning (2011) David Cohen, Theodore B. Lee, David Sklar .

I got a copy of this book in a pdf format from a place and i like it already .

Thanks

curious__
Trigonometry in itself indeed has very limited use, so I recommend learning trigonometry through encountering applications. Two different types of such applications - a purely geometric one and a physical one.

For the geometric application aspect, it's best to solve difficult geometry problems. I recommend some easy problem books for maths competitions or Olympiads.

For the physical application aspect, you can google up the sine and cosine functions and how the waves are modeled by, say, sin(kx-wt). Very nice examples include basic simple harmonic motion, standing wave, etc.

Note that all suggestions above are my personal and biased opinion :)

Suggested for: Can someone suggest a good trigonometry book to learn trigonometry ?

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies