Can someone tell me planck constant?

In summary, the person is asking for the standard value for the Planck constant, which is unknown to them. There are many proofs for the constant online, but they are unsure if they are accurate. They have reason to suspect that the value may not be correct, but they are not sure why.
Alexander~E=hv
Every time i see it it's different. I want the full Planck constant(every number) and is there any proof for the constant?

Physics news on Phys.org
The Planck constant is:
6.63 x 10^-34 J•s

The symbol is "h". You will have different values depending on the units used. For example, Planck Constant is also:

4.135667516(91) x 10^-15 in eV•s

There are various proofs of the constant on the internet. A lot of the ones I see are experimental proofs.

Alexander~E=hv said:
Every time i see it it's different. I want the full Planck constant(every number) and is there any proof for the constant?
Nobody can comply with your request because nobody knows every digit - nobody can measure that accurately.
You can look up the standard value online. I don't know of sources disagreeing, can you supply an example?
There are many proofs for the constant - you can look those up too.
Do you have reason to suspect that it may not be?

Uh OK - in SI units: 6.62606957 × 10-34 m2 kg / s But in unified units it is 1.
So, in that sense, you can know every digit ...

AS for proofs - see:
http://iopscience.iop.org/0034-4885/76/1/016101

Simon Bridge said:
Nobody can comply with your request because nobody knows every digit - nobody can measure that accurately.

You can look up the standard value online. I don't know of sources disagreeing, can you supply an example?

There are many proofs for the constant - you can look those up too.

Do you have reason to suspect that it may not be?
Ah I missed the "whole digit thing". Yeah, I agree with Simon! There isn't someone who actually knows every digit of the Planck constant.

Thank you all for the answers

An extremely strange request.

Zz.

David J. Griffiths's Introduction to Quantum Mechanics defines hbar=h/(2pi) =1.05x10^(-34)J•s, and calls it "Planck's constant" before backing up and calling it "his original constant (h) divided by 2pi."

1. What is Planck's constant?

Planck's constant, denoted as h, is a fundamental physical constant that represents the relationship between the energy of a photon and its frequency. It is named after Max Planck, a German physicist who first introduced it in 1900.

2. What is the value of Planck's constant?

The value of Planck's constant is approximately 6.626 x 10^-34 joule seconds (J·s). This value is a fundamental constant and remains the same regardless of the system of units used.

3. Why is Planck's constant important?

Planck's constant is important because it is used in many fundamental equations in physics, such as the Planck-Einstein relation, which relates the energy of a photon to its frequency. It is also used in quantum mechanics to determine the energy levels of atoms and molecules.

4. How was Planck's constant determined?

Planck's constant was first determined by Max Planck through his experiments with blackbody radiation. He found that the energy of a photon is directly proportional to its frequency, and the constant of proportionality was determined to be Planck's constant.

5. Can Planck's constant change?

No, Planck's constant is a fundamental constant and is considered to be a universal constant. It has been accurately measured and remains the same regardless of the conditions or location in the universe.