Can someone tell me planck constant?

Every time i see it it's different. I want the full planck constant(every number) and is there any proof for the constant?

Answers and Replies

The Planck constant is:
6.63 x 10^-34 J•s

The symbol is "h". You will have different values depending on the units used. For example, Planck Constant is also:

4.135667516(91) x 10^-15 in eV•s

There are various proofs of the constant on the internet. A lot of the ones I see are experimental proofs.

Simon Bridge
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Every time i see it it's different. I want the full planck constant(every number) and is there any proof for the constant?
Nobody can comply with your request because nobody knows every digit - nobody can measure that accurately.
You can look up the standard value online. I don't know of sources disagreeing, can you supply an example?
There are many proofs for the constant - you can look those up too.
Do you have reason to suspect that it may not be?

Uh OK - in SI units: 6.62606957 × 10-34 m2 kg / s But in unified units it is 1.
So, in that sense, you can know every digit ...

AS for proofs - see:
http://iopscience.iop.org/0034-4885/76/1/016101

Nobody can comply with your request because nobody knows every digit - nobody can measure that accurately.

You can look up the standard value online. I don't know of sources disagreeing, can you supply an example?

There are many proofs for the constant - you can look those up too.

Do you have reason to suspect that it may not be?

Ah I missed the "whole digit thing". Yeah, I agree with Simon! There isn't someone who actually knows every digit of the Planck constant.

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
An extremely strange request.

Zz.

David J. Griffiths's Introduction to Quantum Mechanics defines hbar=h/(2pi) =1.05x10^(-34)J•s, and calls it "Planck's constant" before backing up and calling it "his original constant (h) divided by 2pi."