Can someone who studied Biomechanics become a doctor?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 5K views
a_man
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
The title says all.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
But of course you get to go to med school like everyone else first. Seems to me like biomech is as good a foundation as anything.
 
berkeman said:
Of course. Why do you ask?

I want to have biomechanics as my option, but I just heard that option does not mean much in a real life.
 
a_man said:
I want to have biomechanics as my option, but I just heard that option does not mean much in a real life.

You can make it be whatever you want to. Also remember the title "Biomechanics" does not mean you will have to be a biomechanical engineer or scientist. People take skills and techniques and learning from parts of their lives and build on it.

Also remember that doctors come from wide ranges of expertise. As long as you have the basic science prerequisites you can apply to pretty much any medical program with of course your MCAT and all that stuff.
 
Yes.

Answer says it all. :biggrin: Seriously, any strong foundation in the sciences is a good basis for med school. Of course, there is a bit more to it than that, the main thing being people skills, which will become apparent on the interview.
 
moonbear said:
yes.

Answer says it all. :biggrin: Seriously, [strike]any strong foundation in the[/strike] science[strike]s[/strike] prerequisites and good MCAT results [strike]is a[/strike] are good basis for med school. Of course, there is a bit more to it than that, the main thing being people skills, which [STRIKE]will become[/STRIKE] are sometimes apparent on the interview and reference letters.

ftfy(?)
 
Do you think Civil engineering is a terrible foundation ?
I just want to finish off my bachelor degrees of civil engineering, but nor sure if I want to work in this field.