1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can someone who studied Biomechanics become a doctor?

1. Sep 18, 2009 #1
    The title says all.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 18, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Of course. Why do you ask?

4. Sep 18, 2009 #3
    But of course you get to go to med school like everyone else first. Seems to me like biomech is as good a foundation as anything.

5. Sep 19, 2009 #4
    I want to have biomechanics as my option, but I just heard that option does not mean much in a real life.

6. Sep 19, 2009 #5

chiro

Science Advisor

You can make it be whatever you want to. Also remember the title "Biomechanics" does not mean you will have to be a biomechanical engineer or scientist. People take skills and techniques and learning from parts of their lives and build on it.

Also remember that doctors come from wide ranges of expertise. As long as you have the basic science prerequisites you can apply to pretty much any medical program with of course your MCAT and all that stuff.

7. Sep 24, 2009 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes.

Answer says it all. :biggrin: Seriously, any strong foundation in the sciences is a good basis for med school. Of course, there is a bit more to it than that, the main thing being people skills, which will become apparent on the interview.

8. Sep 24, 2009 #7

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

ftfy(?)

9. Apr 22, 2010 #8
    Do you think Civil engineering is a terrible foundation ?
    I just want to finish off my bachelor degrees of civil engineering, but nor sure if I want to work in this field.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook