sitia Messages 25 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Sep 11, 2012 #1 Homework Statement Solve the limit: lim n→∞ (√(n^2+1) - n) Homework Equations The Attempt at a Solution I am very lost on how to start so I do not have anything
Homework Statement Solve the limit: lim n→∞ (√(n^2+1) - n) Homework Equations The Attempt at a Solution I am very lost on how to start so I do not have anything
Dick Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 26,254 Reaction score 623 Sep 11, 2012 #2 Multiplying by 1 in the form of (sqrt(n^2+1)+n)/(sqrt(n^2+1)+n) is probably the easiest way to go. There's other ways to do it. Try that one first.
Multiplying by 1 in the form of (sqrt(n^2+1)+n)/(sqrt(n^2+1)+n) is probably the easiest way to go. There's other ways to do it. Try that one first.
206PiruBlood Messages 111 Reaction score 2 Sep 11, 2012 #3 Have you tried multiplying by the conjugate? edit: too slow.