Can Two Batteries Power a Lunar Roving Vehicle Without Exceeding 9 Volts?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Darth Frodo
Messages
211
Reaction score
1
I must design a lunar roving vehicle. One of the criteria is that the electric power cannot exceed 9 volts. My teacher said that is I have 2 batteries powering the front wheels separately then the power remains at 9 volts and not at 18 volts. Is this true?

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Darth Frodo said:
I must design a lunar roving vehicle. One of the criteria is that the electric power cannot exceed 9 volts. My teacher said that is I have 2 batteries powering the front wheels separately then the power remains at 9 volts and not at 18 volts. Is this true?

Thanks!

Unless the batteries are connected in series, it is true.