Can Ultra Sound Detectors Conflict with Other Components on a Mobile Robot?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Jones1987
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I'm currently designing a mobile robot which is capable of detecting its surroundings and also any obstacles. I'm currently deciding to use IR to detect the range of objects.

However I am using an ultra sound component for a different purpose on the robot, to analyse ground surface. My question is, if I used ultra sound to detect obstacles (three at the front of robot, and one on both sides of robot) would the components not conflict with each other as sound is being sent and bounced off different surfaces?

If anyone has any literature about this question that would be much appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You could pulse the rangefinders individually so that they are never running at the same time.