Superposed_Cat Messages 388 Reaction score 5 Thread starter Aug 2, 2020 #1 I have an long equation I managed to simplify to that form, but now I haven't the foggiest on how to solve for x, any help appreciated
I have an long equation I managed to simplify to that form, but now I haven't the foggiest on how to solve for x, any help appreciated
mfb Mentor Insights Author Messages 37,543 Reaction score 14,423 Aug 2, 2020 #2 Not in a closed form. There might be some way with infinite fractions or similar approaches.
mathman Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 8,130 Reaction score 575 Aug 2, 2020 #3 Only if ##b\le 4##.
mfb Mentor Insights Author Messages 37,543 Reaction score 14,423 Aug 2, 2020 #4 ... and ##b \geq -2## and an integer. Or c=0 or a=0, but none of these special cases help with the general problem.
... and ##b \geq -2## and an integer. Or c=0 or a=0, but none of these special cases help with the general problem.