Is This Equation Accurate for Determining the Size of the Universe?

• A
  • Thread starter RyanH42
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an equation involving c, r, π, G, p_Λ, and a(t). The equation is questioned for its correctness and the symbols are explained. The equation is related to the radius of a spherical volume and the dark energy density. The validity of the equation is also questioned and it is noted that it may be a personal theory.
RyanH42
##c^2/r^2=πGp_Λ## I want you to check this equation.Is that correct ?

And ##r=r_0a(t)##.Here ##r## is a spherical volume of radius , where is much larger than the average inter-galaxy
distance, and much smaller than the size of the universe.

If r has a value here then , Is that value equal some sorth of important thing ?

Thank you

Space news on Phys.org
What do the symbols mean, and where does the equation come from? (I can guess what c, ##\pi## and G are...)
Radius of what?

Radius of observable universe or you can suppose close to that number.

What's p lambda?

Dark energy density

Is my equation true in units,numbers and of course logically ?

The equation gives 26 billion light years, which is not the radius of the observable universe. Also, there is no reason to expect that the right side (which is probably time-independent) matches the left side (which is not) exactly today.
This looks like a personal theory - we do not allow the discussion of those, that leads to nothing useful.

The units match but that is not surprising. ##G p_\Lambda## will be related to the Hubble time in the distant future.

1. What should I do if my equation doesn't seem to be working?

If your equation is not working, the first step is to check for any errors in your calculations. Make sure you are using the correct mathematical operations and that all variables and numbers are entered correctly. You can also try plugging in different values to see if the equation produces the expected results.

2. How can I check if my equation is balanced?

To check if your equation is balanced, you can use the Law of Conservation of Mass or Energy, depending on the type of equation. This means that the total mass or energy on both sides of the equation should be equal. If they are not equal, then your equation is not balanced.

3. Can you explain why my equation is giving me unexpected results?

There could be several reasons for unexpected results in an equation. It could be due to incorrect mathematical operations, missing or incorrect variables, or an error in the underlying theory or assumptions of the equation. It is important to carefully review and double check all aspects of the equation to identify the source of the unexpected results.

4. What resources can I use to check my equation?

There are several resources available to check your equation, depending on the type of equation and the field of study. You can consult textbooks, online forums, or seek help from a peer or mentor who is knowledgeable in the specific subject area. You can also use online equation solvers or simulation software to test your equation and compare the results.

5. How can I make sure my equation is accurate?

Ensuring the accuracy of an equation is crucial in scientific research. One way to increase the accuracy of your equation is to gather more data points and test it against a wide range of scenarios. You can also compare your results with previous studies or use statistical analysis to validate your equation. It is also important to consider the limitations and assumptions of your equation and make adjustments accordingly.