Can You Neutralize Chlorine in a Hot Tub Before Use?

  • Thread starter Thread starter browneyes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hot Neutralize
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 7K views
browneyes
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Is it possible to neutralize the chlorine in a hot tub before using it? I figure if you can sanitize the water after using it and then neutralize it before using it, your skin wouldn't be absorbing all the harmful chemicals. I love my tub, but don't like soaking in the hot chlorine water with all my pores open and absorbing the chemicals. Other purification processes I have checked out are cost prohibitive for me. Any answers?
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Sodium thiosulfate. Not sure if it will be better for your skin, but it is used to remove chlorine from fish tanks, so it is not very dangerous.