Can You Pursue a Grad Degree in Nuclear Engineering with a Physics BS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lax1113
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Grad
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
lax1113
Messages
171
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,
I just started college as a current BS in Mech engineering. While I so far like this field, I often read about and seem a lot more interested in Nuclear energy. Although the college I am currently at is a pretty big school (U of delaware) they do not have Nuclear engineering as an undergrad program. I was debating about going in for Mech E or physics before actually enrolling, and now am questioning again about my choice. Would I be able to go to a grad school for nuclear engineering with a physics BS? It seems like that would be more relevant than Mech E, and I really don't want to have to transfer at this time.

Thanks,
Ben
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Nuclear engineering programs are rare enough that graduate level programs are much more lenient on the backgrounds they allow than most other graduate programs might. I think you'd be fine (in fact, when I took a nuclear engineering class, that's exactly what the professor had done).