Can you resist the urge to pop bubble wrap? Share your thoughts!

  • Thread starter Thread starter matthyaouw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Bubble
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
40 replies · 6K views
I'm a closet bubble popper, I only do it...alone, in a dark closet, where no one can here the tiny bubbles scream.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
BobG said:
When the useful life of your bubble wrap finally comes to an end, it doesn't have to wind up in a landfill. You can ship it (at your cost) to one of the following http://www.sealedair.com/enviro/recycle_bubble.html . :approve:
:rolleyes: Wait a minute! How are you supposed to protect your bubble wrap during shipment? :rolleyes:

Protect it with styrofoam.:smile: So how can I recycle those big pieces of styrofam that everything from China comes packed in??::confused:

Has anyone tried running bubble wrap though a paper shredder? It would be easier to pack up and send to the recycling center that way. You could even stuff it into old plactic milk bottles for shipment.:bugeye:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Smurf said:
I never got into it myself...

What kind of weird and tormented child were you??

Can you imagine, life without bubble rap? :bugeye:
 
That's not bubblewrap.
This is bubblewrap!
(My ears are ringing...)
.
.
 
Last edited:
DaveC426913 said:
That's not bubblewrap.
This is bubblewrap!
(My ears are ringing...)
.
.


Psh! That wouldn't keep me amused for 20 seconds! :-p
 
matthyaouw said:
Psh! That wouldn't keep me amused for 20 seconds! :-p
Of course, if enough bubble-heads pool their resources, they could cover a football field with it and let the guys loose in their cleats.
 
matthyaouw said:
Psh! That wouldn't keep me amused for 20 seconds! :-p
Yes, but that 20 seconds includes everyone in a 200 yard radius!
 
DaveC426913 said:
That's not bubblewrap.
This is bubblewrap!
(My ears are ringing...)
.
.

Yep that is the stuff I got in my package, damn Amazon! Got my hopes up for nothing :cry:
 
DaveC426913 said:
That's not bubblewrap.
This is bubblewrap!
(My ears are ringing...)
.
.

The lab tech in the lab I used to work in popped some of that...just to see what it would sound like (she was a bubble wrap popper too). We had people from the lab next to us coming over to make sure everything was okay after that one! :smile:
 
DaveC426913 said:
That's not bubblewrap.
This is bubblewrap!
(My ears are ringing...)
.
.

I just saw some of that for the first time today in a box.

I'd use a hammer for that.
 
Mk said:
I just saw some of that for the first time today in a box.
I'd use a hammer for that.
Actually, the flat of my hand (or a book) seems to be the better than anything else - including a hammer.

I guess in much the same way that a bellyflop is better than a swan dive when you're looking for the most 'pow'.