Can You See a Dense Patch of Gas?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter pivoxa15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gas
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 28K views
Quote:
If you immerse a block of plastic in a oil bath with the same index of refraction it will vanish.


Well where does it go??

If you immerse a block of chicken wings in a hot oil bath with Oprah around it will vanish.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You call yourself a Canuk? That should be a Rita McNeil joke.

Sorry, Integral; I'll go slap myself now.
 
That is hilarious, she was exactly who I was going to put but I figured no one would know what the hell I was talking about. Rita definitely takes the fat cake and eats it too, as well as everything else in the bakery.