1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can you suggest me a good college?

Tags:
  1. Nov 19, 2013 #1
    I recently applied to UC Berkeley and Cal Poly Pomona, later will apply to MIT and Boston University. But I want to apply one more college in California that has strong electrical engineering program. Can you suggest me a good college for electrical engineering majors?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2013 #2
    Well, Cal Poly SLO is right where I am. It has a better engineering program that Ponoma has. Especially in the Electrical Engineering field. I know the head of the EE department here, his name is dennis derkison. I would absolutely recommend this college, it is very hands on based and you will receive much more employable skills than the other universities. Though if you are more interested in theory of everything, I would recommend UCLA or UCSD. Also, SLO is a very beautiful and friendly area. It is surrounded by mountains. I go to the community college here that is only like 5 minutes away from Cal Poly. Also, the research opportunities here are amazing. Since there are no Ph.D student here, the professors really focus on their undergraduate student. If you get into Berkeley for EECS, I would recommend that over anything else though.

4. Nov 19, 2013 #3

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Ucsd.

5. Nov 19, 2013 #4
    How to apply to UCSD? Do I use the UC application online?

6. Nov 19, 2013 #5

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

That would be the best way to go about it. :p

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook