1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can you suggest a probability and statistics manual?

1. Sep 2, 2015 #1
    Hello,

I am a student in the Actuarial bachelor's degree. I've just finished my Stats and Probabilities class in which we completed the Introduction to Probability book by Ross. I really enjoyed this class and would like to continue studying this branch can you suggest a book that continues along this. I am pretty good in calculus etc as I am an actuarial student but I will admit that I don't have a theoretical math background (but would enjoy it) so if you could suggest a follow up book for me (or even subjects) I would greatly appreciate it. Basically, I've seen combinatorics, probability distributions (uni and multivariate), transformations, Tchebysheff and the Central Limit Theorem. Thank you in advance!

David

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 4, 2015 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

The best resource you can get is this site: http://www.math.uah.edu/stat/ It has nice and rigorous proofs. And it has nice simulations. It contains a LOT of material.

I have compiled a pdf document with everything on the site for if you want to print it (but it's 3000 pages).

4. Sep 4, 2015 #3
    Alright I will look into it! Thank you!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted