Can you tell/give me any websites about ship hydrodynamics?

In summary, the conversation was about finding websites on ship hydrodynamics. The respondent suggested an MIT Open Courseware and a PDF as resources, and also clarified that English is the common language used on the platform.
wssrwsmt
Can you tell/give me any websites about ship hydrodynamics?
Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
不客气
晕了,你是中国人?
or Chinese ?

Before we continue, I have to say we use English on PF as a common denominator for all members of the community.

I'm 美国人

I know,thanks !

1. What is ship hydrodynamics?

Ship hydrodynamics is the study of the movement of ships through water, including the forces and motions that affect their performance.

2. What are some important concepts in ship hydrodynamics?

Some important concepts in ship hydrodynamics include resistance, propulsion, stability, maneuvering, and seakeeping.

3. Can you recommend any websites for learning more about ship hydrodynamics?

Yes, some reputable websites for learning about ship hydrodynamics include the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME) and the International Towing Tank Conference (ITTC).

4. How is ship hydrodynamics important in naval engineering?

Ship hydrodynamics plays a crucial role in the design and construction of ships, as well as in optimizing their performance and safety at sea.

5. Are there any open source resources for studying ship hydrodynamics?

Yes, there are several open source software and resources available for studying ship hydrodynamics, such as OpenFOAM, HydroStar, and WAMIT.