Can't get dual monitors working on Acer Aspire 30002?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
exequor
Messages
393
Reaction score
0
I have an acer aspire30002 and i connected a dell flat panel monitor to it. The thing is I can never get them to display separate screens. I got them to display the same thing earlier but now only one at a time. Does this mean that the video card does not support dual monitors?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Most video cards do not support dual displays. What kind of video card do you have?

- Warren
 
The external VGA port on laptops isn't intended for dual monitor support. It's just provided to give users the ability to switch from the laptop LCD display to a monitor or projector.
 
If this is yours: http://www.acer.co.in/products/notebooks/aspire3002.html it has "Dual independent display". On my own laptop (not an acer, and a different video card then yours so this may not help at all) I have to go through the "display properties-Settings" to set up a dual desktop. Using the built in hardware function key flops back and forth between displays.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a SiS M760GX. But I don't think that I have this "Dual independent display support" with my Acer. Or maybe, because it does have the function button (Fn+F5) but I have not been able to use that. I have the cheaper version of the 3002 series and I think that may be why.