Can't get over how cool firefox is

In summary, the conversation discusses various opinions and experiences with using Firefox as a web browser. Some users praise its features, such as add-ons and pop-up blockers, while others mention occasional crashes or compatibility issues with certain websites. The conversation also touches on the role of third-party plugins in causing crashes and the importance of keeping them updated. Overall, there is a consensus that Firefox is a good browser, but not without its flaws.
franznietzsche said:
i would consider super user and root login the same, but yes.

Thank you for confirming that, but the confirmation was not needed.

SUID does not imply the user being 'root.' I can change the root username to 'foo.' As long as it as a UID of 0, that implies it's SUID.

In fact, you can setup aliases to the user root, where multiple users can share UID 0.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
graphic7 said:
Thank you for confirming that, but the confirmation was not needed.

SUID does not imply the user being 'root.' I can change the root username to 'foo.' As long as it as a UID of 0, that implies it's SUID.

In fact, you can setup aliases to the user root, where multiple users can share UID 0.

I think anyone using a linux system knows what root login is regardless of the name, its the same thing, and everyone knows what you're reffering to.

"A rose by any other name..."

And anyone who does run an executable they got from www.whoknowswhere.com as SUID deserve to get their system totalled. :tongue2:

I ran a long perl command someone gave me as root :uhh: not a good idea - tried to delete /*

or another time when rm -rf ~r[tab] just happened to delete the /root directory instead of the intended one. :frown:

aaahh.. we've all had our bad [stupid] experieneces havn't we?

.. atleast I hope it's not just me :cry:

Time to find that Windows CD, if it still exists.

gazzo said:
And anyone who does run an executable they got from www.whoknowswhere.com as SUID deserve to get their system totalled. :tongue2:

I ran a long perl command someone gave me as root :uhh: not a good idea - tried to delete /*

or another time when rm -rf ~r[tab] just happened to delete the /root directory instead of the intended one. :frown:

aaahh.. we've all had our bad [stupid] experieneces havn't we?

.. atleast I hope it's not just me :cry:

Time to find that Windows CD, if it still exists.

Why voice control software is bad:

Office rival walking by shouts: 'rm dash rf slash enter!'